AMCHAM is delighted to welcome the U.S. Ambassador to Myanmar, H.E. Scot Marciel, who will join us to deliver an update on the current Myanmar political and economic environment and the latest U.S. policy towards the country. The Ambassador will also take questions after the briefing.
Date and Time: March 19, 9:30 am to 11 am
Venue: U.S. Embassy Yangon
Cost: No cost to attend for members.
Booking deadline: March 15 (For security reasons, late registrations will NOT be accepted)
*Important Embassy Security Information:
• This event is open for members who have renewed their membership for 2019.
• Prior registration is required. Walk-ins and guests will not be accepted.
• Provide your FULL NAME (as it appears on your ID) upon registration.
• Please bring your original photo ID card or passport and arrive at the venue no later than 9:30 am for security clearance.
• Laptops and other large electronic devices, such as tablets are NOT allowed inside the Embassy compound and there is no bag check. We suggest leaving behind any devices such as chargers, power banks, USBs or headphones. Mobile phones will need to be checked at the security desk.
• Parking not available.
About Ambassador Scot Marciel
Ambassador Scot Marciel previously served as the Department of State’s Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary for the Bureau of East Asian and Pacific Affairs from August 2013-February 2016. Prior to his return to Washington, he served as Ambassador to the Republic of Indonesia. He was also Deputy Assistant Secretary in the Bureau of East Asian and Pacific Affairs, where he was responsible for relations with Southeast Asia, and as Ambassador for ASEAN Affairs. Ambassador Marciel was confirmed as the U.S. Ambassador to the Republic of the Union of Burma on February 9, 2016 by the U.S. Senate. Click here for more information.