Scholarship Recruitment Open – Apply Now!
(Application deadline: July 5, 2019)
The American Chamber of Commerce in Myanmar (AMCHAM) is pleased to announce that we are recruiting new students for the AMCHAM Scholarship Program.
Scholarship Application Seminar: AMCHAM will be conducting an informational seminar for all interested students on Thursday, 13 June 2019 from 9 am to 12 noon at the University of Yangon. If you have questions about the Scholarship Program or the application process, please join us.
Eligibility Criteria: Students who meet the following general criteria are invited to apply for the AMCHAM Scholarship Program.
• Must be a Myanmar citizen
• Must be enrolled at University of Yangon
• Must be a second-year student (all majors or fields of study are welcome)
• Must not receive any other scholarship funds or financial aid
• Must be willing to participate in AMCHAM Scholarship Program activities
Selection Criteria: The Scholarship Selection Committee will assess applicants based on a number of factors including academic competence and financial need. All components of the application will be taken into consideration. AMCHAM is an inclusive organization and aims to recruit scholarship students who represent the diversity of the Myanmar population.
AMCHAM Scholarship Program Benefits Financial Assistance: 500,000 kyats per student, per year. The funds will be awarded in two installments (250,000 kyats per semester). A unique feature of the AMCHAM Scholarship Program is that eligible students may renew the scholarship each year until they complete their undergraduate degree.
Career Preparation Activities:
• Job-readiness trainings
• Networking opportunities
• Internships with AMCHAM members companies
• Visits to learn about factory and business operations
How to apply Selection Process: There are three stages in the selection process.
1. Submit the application form and required documents
2. In-person written English test
3. In-person interview (to be conducted in English)
Opening date: 5 June 2019
Closing date: Friday, 5 July 2019*
Test & Interview: Saturday, 13 July 2019**
Recipients announced: Final week of July
Award presentation: August (exact date to be announced)
*Applications or supporting documents received after the closing date will not be considered.
**Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to the English test and interview stage.
Application Form: click here.
Applications must be filled out completely, include all required supporting documentation, and be submitted by the closing date. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Application Contact: We encourage applications to be submitted electronically to Clara Tang at firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date.
Hard copy applications may be delivered to the AMCHAM Myanmar office at: #19-09 Sule Square, 221 Sule Pagoda Road, Kyauktada Township, Yangon 11182
Tel: +95 (0)1-925-5080
Office hours are 9 am to 5 pm (Mon-Fri)
About the AMCHAM Scholarship Program
With the objective of investing in the development of Myanmar’s young talent, AMCHAM has been supporting students at Yangon University since 2014 and remains committed to empowering Myanmar’s future leaders and brightest minds. The AMCHAM Scholarship Program is an extremely competitive program that provides needs-based financial assistance as well as offering students a number of programs to help launch their career after graduation. Beyond graduation, AMCHAM aims to keep scholarship alumni connected to the AMCHAM network through ongoing activities to help them build connections and develop their careers.
Renewal Criteria: Each semester, students who meet the following criteria will be qualified to renew their scholarship.
• At the end of the first semester: must submit a professor recommendation letter
• At the end of the second semester: must submit the most recent transcript (must achieve GPA of 4 or above)
• Must submit verification of at least 75% class attendance
• Must submit the renewal letter • Must participate in at least 60% of scheduled AMCHAM Scholarship Program activities