After 2 excellent years with AMCHAM Myanmar, our Executive Director Zara Dang will be leaving, effective December 13th, 2019. During her time as AMCHAM Myanmar’s first Executive Director, Zara has made us proud by expanding AMCHAM’s activities in promoting and connecting American business in Myanmar. Under her leadership, the chamber achieved many milestones, including:
▪ Welcoming a business delegation of new-to-market American companies to visit Myanmar (several of whom have since begun investment activities in the country)
▪ Hosting the first AMCHAM Forum presenting a suite of policy recommendations to improve the ease of doing business in Myanmar
▪ Expanding membership and delivering the highest value to our members
▪ Building a team of highly motivated staff
▪ Hosting the US-Japan-Myanmar Forum on Fostering Responsible Investment, in collaboration with several other partner organizations, where we had the honor of welcoming H.E. State Counsellor Daw Aung San Suu Kyi as the Guest of Honor and Keynote speaker
▪ AMCHAM’s outreach is well recognized and our organization is strong and financially self-sufficient
Speaking of her time at AMCHAM, Zara commented: “It has been an honor and privilege to lead AMCHAM Myanmar during such a dynamic time in Myanmar’s development. I am confident that AMCHAM will be growing to new heights and remain focused on advocating the right policy framework to help expand American business in Myanmar.”
The AMCHAM Board of Governors has started the process to search and select the new Executive Director. During this transition, Jay Martin, Co-Chair of AMCHAM’s Energy and Resource Committee will be working alongside Zara as interim Executive Director.
Zara’s replacement will be announced at a later date. In the interim all queries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.