The American Chamber of Commerce in Myanmar (AMCHAM Myanmar) was established on October 31, 2013. To date, more than 170 companies employing over 20,000 Myanmar nationals have joined the Chamber. These companies represent a diverse collection of industries and nationalities, with a common goal to expand American business and promote the highest business standards in Myanmar.
The mission of AMCHAM Myanmar is to promote and connect American business in Myanmar by encouraging local partnerships and upholding the highest business standards.
The voice of American business in Myanmar.
AMCHAM Myanmar is a non-partisan, non-profit business organization. We advocate the principles of free trade, open markets, private enterprise, the unrestricted flow of information, and ethical business practices.
It is fundamental to our philosophy that good ethics and good business are synonymous. We believe that American business plays an important role as a catalyst for positive social change by promoting human welfare and the principles of free enterprise. AMCHAM recognizes that American companies already set the highest standards for ethical business practices. We encourage members to communicate information about their existing programs and practices relative to good corporate citizenship in the markets in which they operate.
AMCHAM endorses the following values:
• Compliance with all applicable laws
• Good corporate citizenship
• Respect for the individual and dignity of the worker
• Training and education for our employees
• Environmentally responsible business practices
• Improved market access and promotion of intellectual property rights
• High standards of professional and business ethics
• Equality between all members without any gender, religious, or political discrimination
• Refrain from using the AMCHAM platform to promote any partisan political agenda