The American Chamber of Commerce in Myanmar (AMCHAM Myanmar) was established on October 31, 2013. To date, more than 130 companies employing over 10,000 Myanmar nationals have joined the Chamber. These companies represent a diverse collection of industries and nationalities, with a common goal to expand American business and promote the highest business standards in Myanmar.
AMCHAM Myanmar was registered with the Myanmar Directorate of Investment and Company Administration (DICA) in September 2017 under registration number 115666037. We are a not-for-profit organization.
The mission of AMCHAM Myanmar is to promote and connect American business in Myanmar by encouraging local partnerships and upholding the highest business standards.
The voice of American business in Myanmar.
- Promote U.S. business investment in Myanmar
- Provide a unified voice for American business to engage with U.S. Government
- Encourage American business to collaborate with companies in Myanmar
- Communicate opportunities and realities on the ground for businesses interested in the Myanmar market
- Facilitate capacity development by sharing best practices and encouraging corporate social responsibility
Code of Business Conduct
AMCHAM endorses the following values:
- Compliance with all applicable laws
- Good corporate citizenship
- Respect for the individual and dignity of the worker
- Training and education for our employees
- Environmentally responsible business practices
- Improved market access and promotion of intellectual property rights
- High standards of professional and business ethics
- Equality between all members without any gender, religious, or political discrimination
- Refrain from using the AMCHAM platform to promote any partisan political agenda
AMCHAMs of the Asia Pacific
AMCHAM Myanmar is a proud member of AMCHAMs of the Asia Pacific.
Promoting Trade and Investment between United States and Asia Pacific
The AmChams of Asia Pacific is an umbrella organization of 28 American Chambers of Commerce that promotes trade and investment between the Asia Pacific region and the United States. Founded in 1968, the AmChams of Asia Pacific represents the shared interests of US and international businesses that employ millions of people across the region and includes some of the world’s biggest manufacturing and trading entities.